RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
This pic is looking up at the xyz switch (0501 210 740). If you see the right hand foot, there is actually a spacer nut between the switch and the gearbox mounting. There is another version ( 0501 211 036) which doesn't require the spacer nut (it has a taller foot cast into the body). If fitted correctly the switch should be parallel to the gearbox and you would not have encountered any tension when tightening the two fitting nuts. Equally if it went on wrong the selector will feel sticky/ "not right". Sounds like this is not your problem if you have refitted the same part, but it happened to me :eek:)

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I’ll have to get a better pic when I get home prolly not til sat. There is a bit of tension but there is a lot more tension from the bracket to shifter. And since there shouldn’t be tension anywhere I’ll have to check the cable to see if it’s even the right cable. Cotter pin was rusted it’s been replaced

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Better view. I did adjust the cable back 2 turns to see if that would help with the N led and cluster. It didn’t so went went 1 turn forward no difference. And while I was going threw the gears and checking the led it started leaking anti freeze from behind the water pump cover I just replaced that gasket 2 weeks ago. So now the tranny is on hold til I get the anti freeze leak fixed. Can’t win

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
yep, that's how P38s work - a constant test of your sense of humour

21 - 24 of 24 Posts