RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
This is very weird but yesterday after I changed the factory interior bulbs with LEDs in the visor, I've been getting "Transmission Fault" message and the yellow hazard light. I have a 2013 RRS with 53k mileage on it. I have not had any issue with this car at all other than regular wear and tear as I am always up to date with my maintenance and what not.

Back story - I bought a 18 LED bulb kit and changed almost all of the interior bulbs without any issue. Then I replaced the left bulb of the driver side visor and it was fine till I replaced the right bulb of the same visor when I saw a little spark or flicker of sort and both LEDs of the visor went out. At first I thought maybe that's a time out thing and changed the passenger visor without any of the LEDs working for either of the visors. But all other LEDs were working just fine so I thought maybe a circuit breaker or something needs to be reset for the visor lights to work. I did not have the time to look into it and a little later went for a drive and saw the error message come on the dash. It's been there since yesterday but I don't feel anything different while driving.

Do you guys think the LEDs could have caused any short circuit during the replacement that triggered this error message though there's no issue with the transmission? Should I be driving at all without getting it checked? Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks a lot man. I did replace the fuse 57. Message is gone. You just saved me $208. Best Father’s Day gift I could ask for.
But only one out of four visor light is working. Bulbs look okay. Any idea why?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts