RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pics of my '96. I bought it about 2 years ago as a new toy. Since then I've been pretty happy with it, from what lil I've actually gone offroad. After seeing some of the pics/vids on here, I decided to go ahead and make a few changes on it. Thoughts?....

This was the day I bought it.

Performed well in the snow, even with street tires on it.

Luckily it came with an SD rack on it, but I had to track down a factory brushguard.

It was already converted to coils, but I swapped in a pair of Disco springs, and then added some 2" spacers from a Classic. That allowed me to get the 285/75/16's on it.

As it looks now. The Cobra sleeping in the garage is my other summertime toy. All those "floaties" are pollen,....gotta love Mississippi in the Springtime.

I'm open to suggestions/critiques. I've got my flameproof suit on, LOL

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,491 Posts
I really like it.
I'd like some big tires too but that'll ruin my fuel economy :cry:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ask and you shall receive.....

Here's a daytime pic, I had to wash off the pollen.

Here my co-pilot checks my tires. LOL,...he's my 16 month old son Landon. Notice how tall he is compared to the tire.

His car seat is already strapped in tight. Just gotta pick a good day, and we both head for the hills.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nickm347 said:
Looks great. What disco springs and spacers did you go with? Do you have any rubbing with those 285s?
It had the coil conversion when I bought it. I bought a set of rear springs from a Disco II. I swapped them with the ones on the rear axle, then put my old rear springs on the front. I got the 2" Classic spacers from Toddco Suspensions.

The tires have "sidebitters" on them, and if I turn full lock, they rub against the radius arms. That's the only time though.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
There are steering stops that are adjustable to prevent tyres rubbing, I noticed your co-pilot isnt wearing his uniform which goes against RR protocol :doh:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
All it needs now is some nice stout bumpers and beefy rock sliders to prevent damage ;)

Martin

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
BeanBean said:
Know where I can find some for a good price. haha
Hmmmm, now ye mention it..... :thumb:
Not got going on the front winch bumper yet, but I will probably have my RR winch mount up for sale when I do get around to it (assuming the boss likes the new one I make of course.) :lol:
Now the rear bumper and some rock sliders, I can hook a brutha right up ;)

Martin

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
BeanBean said:
The snow picture was taken at Ft. Leonard Wood, @ Jan of 09.
At the base there?
Could have had a run up, or done some wheeling down at SMORR in Seymour,Mo with us :thumb:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts