RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help please. I have a 2005 RR and i keep gettiing TRANSFERBOX NEUTRAL in the message center along with the standard beep. It happens for a split second then it stops. this happened to me last year for a day or two, then it stopped. But on my drive in to work, about 30 minutes it happend too many times to count. and atleast 4 times, the message poped up and stayed on for a minute or two. the truck drove fine, expect i could not put the truck in low gear when i got to a red light. sport and manual modes seemed to work fine. any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
560 Posts
Sounds to me as if you have a bad sensor somewhere. If the transfer box actually went into neutral you wouldn't be able to drive anywhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A shot in the dark before killing yourself looking for a sensor issue. I had the same message and by reading some of the prior posts, found that I was getting the message because my local dealer left the fuse in slot 37. See if you have a fuse there, if so, pull it out while the truck is running. The fuse should only be there if you're towing the truck.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks innov8ive , but fuse 37 was the first thing that i checked, no fuse. I didn't get the message this morning so maybe it will dissapear for another year.

·
Registered
560 Posts
At first I would try disconnecting the battery for a little bit and reset the systems. That might fix it, but I still think you have a loose wire or sensor.

As far as tracking that down I am not the best at that. Some of the other members know the RAVE CD in and out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
You would normally expect to get that message if you attempted to select low range with the vehicle in anything other than neutral. I would suspect a faulty hi/low switch connector or an ECU fault. The ECU prevents anything happening unless the vehile is in N so I doubt it would be a sensor. You might try disconnecting the Hi/Low switch and see if the fault repeats clears. Alternatively it may be as simple as contact corrosion and a good clean with some contact clearer will solve? Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts