RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i select LO from H lever and stick it to N and keep holding brake it keeps on flashing AMBER warning light of "gear with a sign of cross" and beeping and LO range all lights on gear knob panel blinking.

As per manual:

Transfer gearbox - AMBER.
The light starts flashing when the
selector lever is moved across
the ’H-gate’, and continues flashing until the
transfer gearbox has completed a change
from one range of gears to another.
DO NOT release the brakes or move the
selector lever out of ’N’ into one of the drive
positions until the light stops flashing.

I tried this all the time and keep waiting up to 5 minutes and nothing happen except blinking, beeping and flashing wrong gear icon in dash, im sure there is something wrong with this selection issue. Any suggestions guys???

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
6 Posts
I am having a similar issue. But the select neutral warning is displayed when I shift in to gear. I have managed take it all apart and keep it in hi for traveling but the normal functions no longer operational. Hope someone here can provide some in depth assistance it normally hit or miss on forums if there are not a lot of members willing to get their hands dirty. If you have not checked your transfer ecu to insure it is not burt up, you can find it under the driver seat here in the US. I am not sure in the UAE if you have right seat driver.
Good luck to the both of us.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Can't help you with the transfer case issue right now, but you will find many members here do much of our own work. There are some very dedicated forum members who have a great deal of experience working on these trucks. Do a good search and see what you come up with. Good luck.

This is one of the best posts about replacing the transfer case. You can also pick up a used transfer case for $400.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23765&hilit=transfer+case#p179168

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, never knew it can be so tricky problem. I was expecting some minor fix of trick.

Whereas in my case it just keep beeping, red light flashing on LO gear panel and gear icon on dash stays on. No error message appear and no select neutral stuff.

I can also drive in D or any gear (in LO) perfectly normal by feeling the punch of LO gear too.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Transfer case motor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts