Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I need to replace the chain in my transfer case. The chain only slips under HARD acceleration from take off and not at any other time. I have no issues in pulling it out and apart and already have the new chain, but what seals and gaskets do I need to do the job? I've had a look through the other threads but cant find a deffinitive list. Is it worth getting a full overhaul kit and doing bearings? Can anyone help here? The car is a 2000 HSE 4.6 with 160,000 kms (100,000mi) on it.

Cheers,
Keels.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
One of the guys did a great write up the other day with pic's and detail on this very subject, you need to continue
looking. It was like 3 days ago..viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23765

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scotty said:
One of the guys did a great write up the other day with pic's and detail on this very subject, you need to continue
looking. It was like 3 days ago..http://rangerovers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23765
A lot of those pictures dont show up for me, and I can't see part numbers/list anywhere. I've sent a PM to the guy who wrote it.
Thanks for your help though.

Cheers,
Keels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.