RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The largest leak is from my transfer case. It is quite a bit, so I think that I should change it. I cannot find anything really layed out as far as changing it. Is this something that is moderate to easy. I was taking a look, and it seems that I do not need to touch the exhaust. I was thinking that I could leave the front of the transfer case in place, and then taking the brake and other tidbit off the back and take the cover off.? Is this possible, or do I need to take the whole thing down?

thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
865 Posts
Grab a copy of RAVE workshop manual from the net.
I consider it easy to moderate.

Have you located leak, is it on the main cover or flange seals, may not require removal

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
i like how you say "the largest leak" :lol:
you need to spray it down with brake cleaner and locate the leak more accurately mate.
if it is from the output shaft, that is a whole lot different than the gasket on the 2 case halves.
let me know where it is from and then me or someone else can give you more accurate information. :thumb:
martin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is where the main cover halves join, on the input shaft side....I loosened the bolts on the affected side and retorqued them, some were a bit looser than the others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts