RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I purchased my range rover td6 2002 vogue last month.
I got it at a cheap price as it needed a small amount of work. I done a full service consisting of
( oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter, engine breather and filter. New drive belts. New main+egr thermostat, egr blacked off, coolant flush and refill)
and strait after doing all this the lift pump in the fuel tank gave up. So a new pump was fitted. I found that a bmw one fitted so only cost me £38 to fix that.
Anyway now I get a trans fail safe prog flash up. Nothing changes. It has only happened twice in the last month.
Car still drove perfect. Like a brand new car. Sports+manual, low range ext ext all worked as they should even when the lights on.
After turning the car off and leaving for a while the light is off and stays off until the next occasion.
What do you guys think is causing the problem? I don't get any other messages so I don't think the battery is at fault. Also the battery light is green.
This one really has me stumped. Usualy there's symptoms that I use to diagnose problems. But this light makes no affect at all to how the car drives. I don't have access to diagnostics equipment ether.

Any suggestions welcome. I'm pretty good with a spanner and never afraid to try a new adventure.

Thanks all in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Today I got the air suspension inactive show up. Again the air suspension worked fine and I could hear the compressor running. The light went out and came on again when shutting down the engine.
I did do a test on the battery. It showed 13.8 at idle. Is that enough? I was alone so couldn't get someone to rev the engine. That reading was with no lights or any other accessory turned on.

I'm starting to think alternator as the errors mainly come up when I have both front heated seats. Lights. Heater/blower and radio all going at the same time.

Any feedback will be a great help.

Many thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts