RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day all-

I have a leak in one of my trans cooler lines. I purchased a new set from the dealer ubp500400. I disconnected the lines at both ends and support bracket but I can't seem to find a way to pull out the old set. Has Anybody ever done this type of work and can advise me if this is something I can do in my garage or what else I need to do to make the swap?

Greatly appreciated,

Michael
2008 RR full size hse 4.4 133k miles

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Not sure on the 08 but ours was a bit stuck at the cooler end due to corrosion and grit in the moveable bit of plastic. So flush it with brake cleaner as you attempt to move it. Look at how the new one works to figure out how the one on the car has to move to release. Ours took a fair bit of moving and rinsing with brakeclean and lubricant spray to get it to move and release. let us know how you get on

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi - thanks for the reply. I did manage to release all connections to the cooler lines. My issue is finding a way to pull the unit free or out from the car. It appears as though I need to remove some other parts to create a path to get the unit out. I was looking at the exhaust as a possible solution. But I don't want to spend time guessing if I can avoid it. I am hoping someone on this forum has done this type of work and can tell me the best way to remove the item.

Many thanks,
Michael

·
Administrator
27,822 Posts
Did you remove the fan? According to the shop manual the fan needs to be removed for better access.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi - I didn't think about the fan. I will give it a try. I looked in RAVE but I couldn't find instruction on removal. Would you happen to have a link to the source you sited so I can read up on it?

Many thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This was very helpful, thanks. I just downloaded the proper manual for my year. I'll look through it and see if I can figure this thing out. Many thanks to you and this helpful forum.

Regards,
Michael

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi All - I can't find reference in the link provided to removing/installing cooler lines. I'll keep looking but 3k plus pages with no discernible search has me puzzled. Still hoping someone comes across this thread who has done this before and can tell me their method.

Many thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I do not fully understand the issue but obviously something is in the way that needs removal or can the old line be bent away to remove it and does the new line when placed in the proximity seem to require something else to be removed. Of course typical that what should be obvious is absolutely not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts