RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - did a search, but couldn't seem to find an answer.

I have a 2019 RRS with the tow package added by the dealer.

When I attach a trailer (and I've tried both a 4 wire jet ski and 5 wire boat) the trailer lights work fine and seem to be responding as appropriate (i.e. turn on 4 way and they flash, etc).

However, when driving I noticed the trailer icon only appears in the dash when the turn signals are on. Is this what's supposed to happen? Does the RRS do anything different when it thinks it has a trailer attached regarding shifting, cooling, etc?

Don't pull all that far, but if we take a road trip and deal with the passes I'd rather know in advance.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
288 Posts
Yes that’s what’s supposed to happen

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - good to know. Seems odd to me, but so long as it's intended I can handle it :)

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
37 Posts
Question. When you back up to connect the trailer and use the alignment assist line in the backup camera view that helps guide the trailer tongue to the hitch ball, is the alignment line on top of the ball or next to the ball? Mine is next to the ball which makes it hard to get right.

Thanks

Kris

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you know, I'm not sure I've seen it.

I didn't get one with the tow package from the factory, rather it came from the dealer prior to delivery (bought a new 19 RRS, this was part of the purchase).

Having a backup camera makes it so much easier I haven't really thought about it :) Far more accurate than a 14 year old trying to guide me :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts