RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I know this has been asked before but the answers are so many that I just want to find the easiest solution. I need to be able to tow my small boat next weekend and I need a simple adapter to convert my 4 flat plug on the trailer to the 7 pin Rover bumper port. Or I'd be willing to clip the 4 flat plug and install a 7 pin plug if needed. Can anyone offer a place to get this part? I've looked around but can't seem to find a match.

Thanks! :pray:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is exactly what I need. Found it at Rover Connection are they my only option??

RCTWH74 7-4 Pin Adaptor Plug

·
Registered
400 Posts
You can get one at most autoparts stores. I got mine at Walmart.

Mac

·
Registered
400 Posts
Mine doesn't have the "flying lead", the 4 pin is built into the rear of the 7 pin

Mac

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was at Walmart earlier today, didn't see one. I also checked out an Advanced Autoparts store. They only had the blade adapters. If anyone can send me a link to purchase that would be great. I just can't seem to find the right adapter...

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
I have two in my garage right now... bought em at Advance Auto and Wal Mart.

If they don't carry it at the stores near you, check a trailer supply company. Uhaul probably carries them also, at a price.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Just checked mine, it is the flat blade type not round pins as shown in your pic.

Just checked out Autozone, they have them.

Mac

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I'll check Uhaul tomorrow... perhaps one other auto parts store too. No Autozone near me. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I'm really striking out here. I need to have this thing for Friday so that I can go on my fishing trip. I checked out 4 auto parts stores, Walmart, Kmart, U-Haul, and Tractor Supply and none of them had even seen anything like it before. The only place I have fond it is British Pacific and they want $60 to overnight it to me. That's BS I know because I ship UPS all the time and when I calculated cost it was about $44. CROOKS!

Can ANYONE help me track one down? This is so frustrating... :(

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Hey I just sent you a PM

Scotty

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the links Mag but these are the blade connectors not the round pin connectors. I have a friend that's out of state now trying some stores around him. Thanks for the help!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Thats a female receptical the one needed will have both configuations male and female, I must say I looked high and low and the correct adapter is not available at the local auto parts or the U-Haul stores out here. now it could be that I live off the beaten path NOT! I wanted to get all the parts and make up the pig tale and sell them. However I can't find the parts.. :think:

Scotty

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
Well **** the man!

Here I thought I was cool, and I can't find your part to save my life.

Sorry man. I will retreat to the nerdery now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts