Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I note in the Owner's Manual, that there is supposed to be a "tailer attached" indication in the dashboard (a little orange trailer) when a trailer is attached and the signal indicators are activated. My dealer (Budd's Oakville) installed the electrics and no indication iluminates when I attach a trailer. Now they are saying "The icon of the trailer flashing on turn signals is not configured for our market." Do you think that's true or are they just saying it?

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
741 Posts
I've installed the wiring harness myself on my previous LR3 and '08 RRS. On the LR3, I would see a yellow trailer icon with the turn signals, with the RRS, I didn't. If it matters, I didn't notice a difference in towing between them (stability wise). My new RRS already has a trailer harness installed (not sure if from the dealer or previous owner) but I haven't tried it yet.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
123 Posts
I am confused, didn't your rovers (gwengler 2013 RRS) (dantheman 2008 RRS) come factory with the towing package? MY 2008 has the factory package. When I tow, and indicate a turn, yes an amber "trailer attached" and pic of a trailer flashes.

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
My LR3 and '08 RRS didn't have it from the factory, nor did I enable the towing feature from the LR dealer or via diagnostic software. I think my 2011 RRS might have had the towing option from the factory since it appears on the build sheet.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
49 Posts
Just had trailer pack fitted (by dealer) to my 2010 HSE in UK. Trailer light flashes when I indicate, reversing beepers disable when trailer attached - more importantly if the light does not flash then the system does not recognise trailer attached meaning it will lower to motorway height automatically if you do 50 mph (80 KPH) for more than 30 seconds - possibly grounding your jockey wheel !!

·
Premium Member
741 Posts
This is the first time I've heard that 2010+ RRS automatically lowering in height when going over 50 mph. Is this a UK thing? I know the height reduces when going over 103 mph on '06-'09 models.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Just had trailer pack fitted (by dealer) to my 2010 HSE in UK. Trailer light flashes when I indicate, reversing beepers disable when trailer attached - more importantly if the light does not flash then the system does not recognise trailer attached meaning it will lower to motorway height automatically if you do 50 mph (80 KPH) for more than 30 seconds - possibly grounding your jockey wheel !!
I had my trailer package installed by the dealer as well (2010 RRS). The trailer light has flashed only sporadically for me (regardless of what trailer I've been pulling). The reverse beepers have never been disabled (and I wish they were, very annoying having to keep turning them off when trying to position a trailer in a tight spot).

Not sure if some of these items are region specific..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts