RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 months of frustration with misc crap going wrong with the truck, i have decided to trade it in for somthing newer. I dont have the time or patience for all the little things that went wrong with it. I pick yup my new ride tomorrow.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
And what is your new ride?

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
NachoMan77 said:
Sorry, but protocol must be followed...

QUITER ! :snooty:

N.
:lol: ;) :lol:

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
No comment, I will give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves me wrong..... :lol:

·
Registered
401 Posts
Better have traded it for a newer/nicer/cleaner p38 or I don't want to hear it.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
29 posts and only joined in Feb this year......not one of our most devoted, that's for sure.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
Looking through his posts, sounds like a bad blend motor was the main issue?
God help him if he does get ANY kind of luxury motor huh?

·
Registered
59 Posts
If only he could of waited another day!Only another day.... Maybe he got... can I even mention it here...(Only for Medicinal purposes of course) a JEEP! Well at least I didn't say a sidekick!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I picked up a Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited... I know I'm a quiter but I have a kid on the way & would never hear the end of it if my wife broke down in it with the kid. Plus the closest repair shop was 45 miles away. With only having the car for 3 months & it being in the shop for a month of that i finally had enough. I got the blend motors fixed & a week later the blowers stopped blowing air and that was it. Thanks for everyones help in here. This site is great. maybe a little while down the road I'll get another one. Just not one for a daily driver.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Have fun with that. At least a Range Rover has class while sitting in the shop...now you just got a vehicle that will sit in the shop.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Wow, that's harsh!

Note to self: if I ever find myself Roverless...for chrissakes keep it to myself.....

To the OP: hey man you did what you felt was best for your family, can't bash ya for that. I doubt the bug will leave your system for good though, hope to see you back someday.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
If ye wanna join the club, ye gotta pay to play with a RR unfortunately.
Nothing that any semi competent home wrench turner cant do, but a little TLC from time to time will go a long way for sure.
Same thing goes for Jeeps though too, but they lack the build quality and over engineering of the P38 I'm afraid. Hope the Jeep does you well, although depending on which model Grand you got (ZJ, WJ, WK) they all have their issues, and blend motors rank right up there :?

Martin

·
Registered
898 Posts
if he traded it in, i am sure he didn't get much money for it.

granted, i have only had mine for 6 months, but it does take a special person to own and maintain a range rover. it takes some dedication to keep these trucks running well. unfortunately, if you are mechanically inept or have never turned a wrench in your life, these trucks will destroy your ego and pocketbook. too bad he couldn't stick with it.

as for me, i have fixed a few things, added some things and everytime i get in my P39, it brings a smile to my face. i have a 03 4Runner for my wife for reliability, but i love my range rover.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts