RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2014 SDV6 almost 2 years ago. I really love my truck. However there were 2 things that really just bothered me.

1. When I bought the truck I knew it didn't have the panoramic roof, but the deal was to good to pass up. I still wish I had this option because I think my kids would enjoy it.
2. I didn't know that the truck didn't come with TPMS. At $750 a pop for a tire I was a bit pissed to find this out after a nail was found on one of the tires. I've had to replace two tires already due to this and need to replace another 3 now from just excessive wear.

After passively looking at what was available I found a good deal on a 2016 that had the bigger engine, HUD, gesture tailgate, sliding panoramic roof, and the TPMS.

I traded my 2014 and received $35k over what I owed (had an offer from another dealership that had offered $45k over, but they wanted more for their used 2015) and was able to get the 2016 for almost 20k under MSRP due to it being a demo for a few months. So all up it was really easy to switch over and I get basically the same truck but better.

Does anyone in the UK/AU/NE have a v8 that they can rate? Performance wise I had no problems with the v6. So I'm expecting this thing to really get up now. I should be receiving the truck next week and will immediately get it covered with the 3M film and Hypershield (ceramic coating) thank to my research on this board.

·
Registered
128 Posts
1. should have gone for an SC :doh:2. it is not a TRUCK FFS - it is a car !:twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I'm with you on trading up to a bigger engine, you can never have enough HP! I'm surprised TPMS wasn't included, even my 2010 Acura had it included. Probably a market specific thing.

As far as the panoramic roof, I wouldn't buy a car without it, because most higher end cars now have it, but I don't really make the most of it in our climate. Sun year round and I've had skin cancer before, so the screen stays closed 99.9% of the time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have an SDV8, and have never driven the V6 Range Rover

I can say it has plenty of torque and that feels great.

I've heard it's abit noisier and less refined than the V6 tho. I can hear a bit of diesel noise at idle and low revs but once I get going it's great, and You can hear the V8 too. Again I can't comment how much noisier than a V6 it is.

Bottom line is I like my SDV8, plenty of torque and makes cruising and overtaking effortless

1 - 4 of 4 Posts