RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an opportunity to take over payments on my girlfriends 06 Range with 32k Miles. She just got it 3 months ago but decided she wants a BMW or Audi sedan. She says the rover is too big for her. I have a 2000 RR with 100k miles that I got 2 years ago and have put about 4 grand into fixing (heads, valve block, Arnott air springs and a few other things). I guess it should be a no brainer but I just put all the money into the 2000 that I hesitate a little.

Are those of you that had the p38 and moved up to the newer Rover happy with you decision?

Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
I agree with Dan, IMO a much superior drive than the P38, as it was from the original Classic which I had in 1978.
Stewart.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
254 Posts
Agreed with the replies above, it's night and day between the two. You'll be very pleased.

·
Registered
293 Posts
i also agree, the MkIII is night and day different...

BUT...

since they are so different i wish i would have kept my 98HSE for beating up, i would be a lot more inclinded to take a P38 onto some trails than a MkIII just cause of how easy they are to work on in IMHO compared to the MkIII

any chance you can just keep em both? maybe they will get married and soon youll have a whole family of RR's running around the house...er garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts