Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2014 RRS S/C is growing on me?? :oops:

Like the Alumn frame (less weight), Panoramic Roof, New Chile color-(need to see in person first).
Got 12K miles on mine.

Just thinking out loud. 8-|=

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Anything to keep this economy going...I'm for.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'd hold off for awhile.
The look is a personal preference, however, it appears to have lost its English gentleman looks.

Let the masses of sheep pay $10k over retail to have the first few models, and then two years down the road, if you still like it, try to work a trade.

The truck you are driving now is, in my humble opinion, much better looking (both inside and out) than the 2014.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
No, no. Goose is right on: those with loads of cash need to spend it before we start taxing their savings like they want to do in Cyprus.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Yeah, verily. Works especially well in Japan will deflation.

A long time ago I bought one of the very first 05 LR threes on the market in the United States. Great car but tons early production problems. Even with a very responsive dealership fixing every problem as they came up Reason to avoid the first year.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
Yeah, verily. Works especially well in Japan will deflation.

A long time ago I bought one of the very first 05 LR threes on the market in the United States. Great car but tons early production problems. Even with a very responsive dealership fixing every problem as they came up Reason to avoid the first year.
But if everyone avoids the first year (as I do, and apparently you do), then how will they have enough vehicles on the road to iron out all the problems for those that wait until year #2? Now those that wait until year #2 have to deal with issues that shoulda been ironed out in year #1. This just prolongs the agony for everyone.

·
Registered
480 Posts
We are in Rabid agreement. He needs to loosen his wallet For the good of his Range Rover aficionados

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,990 Posts
after using the configurator to build myself a santorini black atb, my 2013 looked dated esp if you do the 360 degree turn. so, what will keep me from getting the 2014, well I just traded my 2011 which was giving tons of problems and the 2013 was a sigh of relief=everything works! the no-option for a NA 5.0L V8 is a letdown. they should keep the V6 S/C to the SE and NA V8 to the HSE and the ATB/SC with the V8 SC. With an AWD system, the V6 S/C won't be any better in mileage. A possible update/redesign is LR will flatten the rear door to look like the current version and some bumper tackiness removal.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
741 Posts
A possible update/redesign is LR will flatten the rear door to look like the current version and some bumper tackiness removal.
I sure hope so. While i've been in the opposite camp as most about the similarities between the explorer and rrs, even i have to admit the rear bumper on the explorer is way too close in design to that of the RRS, and NOT in a good way. Why would it have been so hard to adopt a rear bumper cover like the new FFRR to the RRS.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
281 Posts
Absolutely - support the brand and the supply of Rovers in years to come.

I must admit to really liking the 2014, but will reserve judgement until all of the specs are available - must have more head/leg room than my RRS. Albeit, when SWMBO gets a look at the 2014 in the flesh, all of my restraint and rational decision making will be verboten. I'm screwed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey,

I put this thread on here to shake things up a bit. lol

I built one like I would want on LR site. If I get one just like my 12, you can only get either the roof or bottom of vehicle painted same color as vehicle, not both same color? I want to hear the new 1700 W Meridian sound system, wonder where Subwoofer is and if they fixed the rattle. I guess I need to go check out a Range Rover with 1700W. My Subwoofer rattle is annoying when I crank the stereo up. Only complaint I have.

I don't normally like buying the first year either. I'm not paying over retail for one and I'm not paying retail for one either. If I want a 2014, My local dealer said he would give me a good price. He hooked me up on my 12. We'll see when I'm ready. 2nd or 3rd year after redo is probably the best way to go. They will change the look after year 3? lol
13 and under body style had a long run. lol

Not sure about the Chile color option anymore..lol? I'm going to have to see the color in person. I'm usually a Red, Silver, Black or White kind of guy.

I'm not going to trade mine in so fast, I'll wait until the 14's are available and check them out in person. I love driving my 12 RRS S/C.

Like the Alumn Frame (Lighter), 8 speed Auto and 0-60 mph 5.0.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey,

I put this thread on here to shake things up a bit. lol

I built one like I would want on LR site. If I get one just like my 12, you can only get either the roof or bottom of vehicle painted same color as vehicle, not both same color? I want to hear the new 1700 W Meridian sound system, wonder where Subwoofer is and if they fixed the rattle. I guess I need to go check out a Range Rover with 1700W. My Subwoofer rattle is annoying when I crank the stereo up. Only complaint I have.

I don't normally like buying the first year either. I'm not paying over retail for one and I'm not paying retail for one either. If I want a 2014, My local dealer said he would give me a good price. He hooked me up on my 12. We'll see when I'm ready. 2nd or 3rd year after redo is probably the best way to go. They will change the look after year 3? lol
13 and under body style had a long run. lol

Not sure about the Chile color option anymore..lol? I'm going to have to see the color in person. I'm usually a Red, Silver, Black or White kind of guy.

I'm not going to trade mine in so fast, I'll wait until the 14's are available and check them out in person. I love driving my 12 RRS S/C.

Like the Alumn Frame (Lighter), 8 speed Auto and 0-60 mph 5.0.
Agreed. Just cool off for awhile.
The '14's are going to have a number of issues and they will ultimately make some noted changes for the '15's and '16's.
It will take two or three years to get them right.
No one in the world beside RR fanatics will even know the changes.
I also love my '12 Supercharged.
Just think back to late '05 when the Sport was introduced. As early as '08, I wouldn't have taken an '06 as a gift based on all of the
changes RR did to the model.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'd hold off for awhile.
The look is a personal preference, however, it appears to have lost its English gentleman looks.

Let the masses of sheep pay $10k over retail to have the first few models, and then two years down the road, if you still like it, try to work a trade.

The truck you are driving now is, in my humble opinion, much better looking (both inside and out) than the 2014.
What he said.

I think ours look much better than the new ford explorer:( I mean Range Rover Sport.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Update, My RRS is at my local dealer on consignment. I don't drive it that much, so I thought I would see what's the most I could get for it (asking $77,900) before the 14's come out. I got a 2007 Ford F-250 Lariat Outlaw parked in the driveway that blocks the Double car garage where the RRS is kept, so I drive the F-250 everyday to work. The F-250 is a blast to drive.(Modded and Fast).

I may or may not buy a 2014 RRS. I'll check them out, then decide.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nice rig! .....
Thanks,

This model was only made in 2007, called the Lariat Outlaw Edition, Red and Black seats inside. I bought it used with 73 K miles about 2 yrs ago.

I just did all the mods this past Jan. 13. Its like twice the HP and Rwtrq now, 6.0L diesel engine. I did the EGR delete(no emissions testing in GA, yeah), ARP head studs, Bigger injectors, Bigger turbo, Bullet Proof Diesel Oil Cooler system and tune is an SCT, tunes supplied by my friend who owns Innovative Diesel in MD.

Truck is fast and blast to drive...lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
View attachment 17462
View attachment 17463

Only thing that gets me; everything else? Symphonic

So your saying, save 50K and buy one of these? lol

Twin Turbo V-6. Explorer Sport is powered by the 3.5L EcoBoost[SUP]®[/SUP] V6. EcoBoost combines two technologies – turbocharging and direct-injection – to deliver V8 performance along with the fuel economy of a V6.* It generates 365 horsepower** - plus 350 lb.-ft. of torque across a wide rpm range.

2013-ford-explorer-sport1.jpg 2013-ford-explorer-sport2.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts