RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this topic has been beat to death, but I have read all of the pages returned from searching (more than once) and still cannot pinpoint my issue:

I get the Traction Failure message shortly after turning on the ignition. The ABS Fault message comes on after the vehicle has started moving.

The ABS does not work (there is plenty of snow and ice on the ground to test the system on). Neither does the traction control.

My independent mechanic read the faults and indicated that the issue was caused by a bad right front ABS sensor. I replaced the sensor and still have the issue.

My battery is relatively new and my charging system is in working order.

The only other thing I can thing of is the brake accumulator. It takes roughly 27 seconds to charge after the system has been fully discharged. The pump runs on every second pedal push. Would this cause the issue as described?

Any thoughts??

Thanks and best regards,

Jeff

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
What was the actual error message? It is very possible that your wiring is at fault further up the circuit. Your sensor ring on the hub could be clogged up. You caould also have received a faulty sensor... not likely, but certainly possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had him print out several sheets from Testbook for issues that i have been sorting out one at a time. Just my luck - this is the one sheet that he didn't print out for me.

He verbally told me that he was getting no reading from the sensor at all.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
I would trace your wiring up the line. It sounds more like a broken wire than a broken sensor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I cannot find any evidence of a broken wire. It looks like it will have to go back to the shop and be rediagnosed by testbook.

For what it's worth, I've noticed that the traction failure message does not seem to appear until the system is fully pressurized.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED!

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Get this...unbelievably, the previous owner replaced the CV joint with the wrong part. It didn't have a trigger wheel for the ABS sensor to read - it was perfectly smooth.

I had the proper part installed and the problem is fixed.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Thanks for posting the resolution to this issue. What a crazy thing to find out. Was hoping it would answer a question I have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2000 range rover land rover and I'm having some electrical problems I believe it keeps saying gear box failure. .. and if my ac work my car won't turn on if it don't my car will start also at times if I push the brake my car shuts off or even use the signal light what could this be?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,295 Posts
I have a 2000 range rover land rover and I'm having some electrical problems I believe it keeps saying gear box failure. .. and if my ac work my car won't turn on if it don't my car will start also at times if I push the brake my car shuts off or even use the signal light what could this be?
Dead alternator, battery or cables. Do all of the tests in the **INFO** Electrical Troubleshooting sticky at top, in detail and you'll find your problem(s)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also have the abs and traction failure. The big issue is a loud knocking coming from the rear end if start off very slow most of the the no noise. Usually stops past 30 mph but some time starts again around 50 mph. Car runs fine otherwise. 70-80mph????

1 - 12 of 12 Posts