RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2011 RRSC
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer the tpms light started randomly flickering and eventually got to the point in which it was mostly on. While driving and watching the live data feed on the GAP tool I noticed that all sensors would drop out and then come back one by one. When they dropped is when the light would come on. I replaced the tpms module in the right rear cubby and that solved the problem with the sensors dropping out/not reading. However the tpms light is on continuously still and when I first start the car I get a warning that says to check all tire pressures. 3-4 months before this began I put new tires on and 4 new oe tpms sensors with no light until this began, the spare does not have a sensor nor has it ever during my ownership. All four sensors read currently and I can watch the pressures rise as the tires warm up while driving. I have scanned for faults and found none stored. Is the current alert due to the spare not having a sensor? If so why wasnt it an issue before the new module? In the workshop manual it seems to indicate the spare was an optional sensor.
Thanks

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,133 Posts
Are your tire pressures set differently? My 06 specifies 36 front, 42 rear and if they are outside that range, say below 32 above 40 front and below 38 and above 46 rear you will get the check tire pressure warning. If all 4 tires are set to something like 32 psi you will get the light. The rear sensors know they are the rear and look for a different pressure range than the front. Other than that I would say you need to reset the TPMS module to match your vehicle VIN. There is a procedure in SDD for doing that.

·
Registered
2011 RRSC
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the pressures set per the door sticker. I am told that the tpms module does not need to be programmed by the dealer. I looked with the GAP tool and it did not seem to be able to program that module?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts