RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TPMS System Error in 2014 RRS SC = UK sensors on USA models ! FYI

I have a 2014 RRS SC that I have had for 2 months and I love - but I now have a "glitch"- Out of nowhere the other day my TPMS system default came on- It seemed to be driving fine but of course I was concerned- I went to my dealer - They checked all the tires and ran a system check- Tires were fine- They said they would have to order new sensors- The next day the TPMS popped up again - This time telling me that my left rear tire was low- Concerned again I was near a different dealer and popped in- All tire pressures were fine- but it turns out that there had been an issue with the UK version sensors accidentally being put on USA RRS models ! My dealer confirmed that as well in a phone call message they left upon researching the issue- They are ordering the proper sensors- So, this post is more of an FYI but while I absolutely love my RRS SC I have to say this is the kind of stupid glitch that gave Land Rover their earlier reputation of so so quality - In my opinion it should not happen- and please do not mention the gazillion GM recalls- This is a $90,000 vehicle- Totally different situation

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Re: TPMS System Error in 2014 RRS SC = UK sensors on USA models ! FYI

It's not an accident. A few months ago, Land Rover started fitting the same 433 Mhz frequency sensors worldwide, whereas in the past North America got its own, unique 315 Mhz frequency system. Trouble is, something obviously got... lost in translation during the switch, so some vehicles may have accidentally been fitted with sensors that don't match the TPMS module at the factory. This can also be an issue when ordering replacement sensors or new sensors for a separate set of wheels, which I expect will become an issue as more owners start putting aftermarket rims on these vehicles and purchasing sensors for them. Here is the LRNA bulletin announcing the switcheroo late last year: https://app.box.com/s/rlw5c05m6srfzo9ewsdo

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Well they changed my sensors and all was good for three weeks now the light is BACK ON ! Ugh ! Back to the dealer tomorrow I guess ....... : (

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

Anyone still having this? Its happening on my car and driving me crazy.

·
Registered
721 Posts

After 4 months of driving fine,I just started getting random TPMS errors.

On Thursday morning it was the left rear, then it changed to the left front. Today it was the right rear. The error went away again.

All pressures were verified manually with a gauge and are OK.

There does not appear to be a pattern, i.e. ambient temperature, tire temperature, shortly after engine start, etc...

I may email the dealer so they have a record of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Just left the RR dealer after seeing the TPMS fault on my 14.5 sport. They said a part needs to be ordered do to the failure and the fix would require me dropping the car off for the day.
This is my first issue with the sport after 4,700 miles and 3 months . It seems people tend to make excuses for all the tic tack issues with RR. I guess it's the unfortunate balance between a SUV that's really fun to drive but not as dependable as other vehicles .

·
Registered
1,089 Posts

The annoying part is the unreliability issues as sheer stupid oversight sort of things. Take the front suspension thunk and thud. With all the testing how did they miss that and continue to pump out $100K cars that sound like they have Trabant :roll: parts installed on them? How did they miss all the weird electronic issues that made it seem like the car has a mind of its own?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

My TPMS error came on last night, I made an appointment for Tuesday to drop Him off.

I would expect stuff like this in an expensive Car, so much more potential for things to go wrong.

Note to self: Take my own Coffee :p

·
Registered
437 Posts

Brought my RRS in for its first 6 month service (complimentary from Cerritos dealership on top of the 12 month/16,000 mi service).

I had a TPMS system fault for 2 days prior to bringing it in, and of course the light went off that morning. I told the service department and they said they would look into it. The fault code appeared when they checked the car and they ended up replacing all 4 TPMS sensors, without pushing back or anything.

So far I have been pleasantly surprised with my experience there. I will definitely be going back for the next service.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Brought my RRS in for its first 6 month service (complimentary from Cerritos dealership on top of the 12 month/16,000 mi service).

I had a TPMS system fault for 2 days prior to bringing it in, and of course the light went off that morning. I told the service department and they said they would look into it. The fault code appeared when they checked the car and they ended up replacing all 4 TPMS sensors, without pushing back or anything.

So far I have been pleasantly surprised with my experience there. I will definitely be going back for the next service.
Thanks for the info! Mine came up with the error twice, that was last week but no problem since.

I have mine booked in at my Local Dealer for Tuesday so I think I will drop it off for the Day anyway because it seem like the problem is intermittent in most cases.

Thanks again :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts