Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving along yesterday in my 2006 HSE and tpms light goes on. I'm close to home so no problem get into garage and check all pressures with my good pressure gauge and all 5 pressures are good. So borrow my friend's ob2 reader and it shows TPMS faults something like stored codes :intermittent signal LR,RR and LF. But when I read current readings on the code reader all 5 come back in spec actually showing all tire pressures are about 10 pounds above spec. So I cleared the codes from the ecu but the yellow tpms light did not go out. Drove around all day today and finally the light just went out.
Anyone have any insight as to what might be going on here? I am guessing the TPMS sensors in the wheels are aging out and that's why I got those the intermittent signal codes but could it be the tpms module is the problem?
Thanks for any help.
Dave

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
443 Posts
Hope there are good answers for you.

I'm having pretty much the same issues with my '08. Tire pressures are fine, and I had another set of wheels with brand new sensors mounted and I kept/keep getting intermittent low-pressure warnings.

I'm about ready to just have the system turned off.

I have a brain and a tire-pressure gauge!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have the same problem, 2007 SC
Hoping there's a solution, its driving me crazy, especially as it is inconsistent!
watching the thread for feedback from the knowns.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I broke a sensor in the past, harsh winter salt corroded the metal cap onto the valve stem and it broke off, not leaking air fortunately. I replaced it, and another one that was questionable.

Never could get them to resync properly so I just disabled the TPMS system.

If there IS some fancy procedure to follow to resynchronize the system I would love to try it.

2006 L322 4.2L SC

·
Registered
11 Posts

2006 L322 4.2L SC
How did you disable? I have no interest in spending money on new sensors-senders etc, its a superfluous gadget imho!

Cheers

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hey sorry, I used my IIDTool from GAP Diagnostics to disable TPMS.

I suppose you could use any diagnostics equipment that can edit the "car config" profile.

Dealer could also do it, no idea what they would charge or if they would even want to.

2006 L322 4.2L SC

·
Registered
443 Posts
I did some searching on the TPMS system in the downloaded manual.

Each tire has an antenna in the wheel well, to the front of the tires in the front and the rear of the tires in the rear.

They are accessed by removing the plastic wheel-well liner.

I'm betting that water has entered one or more of those connectors (based on other connectors I've looked at in the rig) and that's caused corrosion and intermittent signal interruption.

At some point, if I don't get the system shut off, I'll dig into the four connectors.

·
Registered
631 Posts
All 5 of my sensors worked properly and I had no issues until one snapped off half the threads (it still read PSI though) and I replaced it and a second one. Since then, the TPMS system won't pick up the new sensors. I purchased them from the dealer.

I'm going to look into the procedures for learning new sensors.

2006 L322 4.2L SC

·
Registered
1995 County LWB, 2006 MkIII / L322h
31 Posts
I have a ‘06 HSE. I have looked in the owners manual and can find no indication which fuse is the TPMS one. Can anyone tell me?

I broke a sensor in the past, harsh winter salt corroded the metal cap onto the valve stem and it broke off, not leaking air fortunately. I replaced it, and another one that was questionable.

If there IS some fancy procedure to follow to resynchronize the system I would love to try it.

2006 L322 4.2L SC

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.