RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a set of takeoffs from a guy with a 2018 RRS in order to have a nice set of wheels for my BFG's. I just assumed that the TPMS sensors would get picked up after a few miles, since it was a 2018 to a 2018. But after getting no warnings initially, after about an 20 minute drive I got a warning that there was a TPMS fault.

Is there a trick to make the car see a new sensor, or is it possible an RRS and a Full Size really have different frequencies?

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
No tricks, no programming. Considering that every year in the past that LR series, Sports and full size had interchangeable wheels and sensors it shouldn't be any different now since they are all the same platform. The start date for the change over to 433mhz from 315 varies by LR models but I believe all Land Rover product are 433 now No sense having difference parts for different models.

·
Registered
298 Posts
That was my assumption. I guess maybe he had an early '18 and I had a later '18 and the changeover happened mid year? That would be just my luck.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Well , then I have no idea what the cause could be. I was hoping there was a series of buttons one would press to make it look for a new set of sensors or something.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well as no surprise to anyone the craigslist seller scammed me and put Kia tpms sensors in. Swapped and fixed!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Those look nice, looks like some pretty aggressive mud/off-tires! Glad you got it sorted. :thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts