RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I finally picked up a brand new but "old" RRS 5.0 AB. It is a dead stock in the dealer ship and I was able to get it in a big discount

I was suprised that TPMS wasn't fitted on the car and wonder if it is possible to retrofit them? What is the cost like?

Thx!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
Even though not required in your market in 2016 it is very odd it wasn't supplied on an AB. The equipment alone is going to pricey to piece together. You'll need wheel sensors, receivers at each fender liner, the TPMS module/ECU. After install there will most likely be some integration settings to be changed for manually checking and alerts when one or more tyres are low.

Cost, not clue what kind of pricing you folks have or what dealers charge in labour.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
AFAIK this isn't even optional so you should have the equipment and software already in place. My guess is that someone had swapped out the wheels with none-OEM and didn't replace the wheel sensors.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
AFAIK this isn't even optional so you should have the equipment and software already in place.
Trez, wrong market. This is a perfect example of why RRnet wants real locations in profiles.

The OP is in China, their TPMS is still not required yet even for the 2018 models. It was at the time of his AB build in 2016... just a novelty.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I was thinking about this post today while driving. I can't access any TPMS information while driving and I think the car only provides this info at park. I thought I'd share that with OP in case he's expecting to see the info while driving ... Cause the way it behaves it's almost as if I don't have TPMS either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was thinking about this post today while driving. I can't access any TPMS information while driving and I think the car only provides this info at park. I thought I'd share that with OP in case he's expecting to see the info while driving ... Cause the way it behaves it's almost as if I don't have TPMS either.
My 2016 RRS provides TPMS readings while driving.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
I would go in tyre battery life 5 yrs and no big deal to put in. I am back on the hunt for a solution now myself, looking at unit that has in car cig lighter sender as well as mobile app. This will actually give more info than the OME solution.

·
Registered
59 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts