Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed over winter to summer wheels and my TPMS does not want to recognize the new wheels? Yes, I purchased the wheels and TPMS modules from Land Rover so, assuming they gave me the correct ones, they should be right frequency, etc.

Owners manual does not have an answer. Any thoughts short of a dealer visit?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
TPMS is self recognizing and "resets" after a bit of driving. How far have you driven?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
Shouldn't take that long to recognize the new sensors. If you still get a TPMS fault after a few more miles of driving in the next day or two, there is a chance you may have been supplied with the wrong frequency sensors, since Land Rover switched from 315 to 433 Mhz in North America, in the midst of MY2014 production. So, the potential for confusing the two frequencies when purchasing new sensors for this model year is a definite possibility. The dealership should have checked your VIN of course, but may have neglected to do so. See the TSB below for more info.

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TPMS is self recognizing and "resets" after a bit of driving. How far have you driven?
Drove 250 miles or so immediately after installation. Hope LR gave me the right frequency! I parked it last night, with any luck they will recognize this morning (glass half full here).

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Shouldn't take that long to recognize the new sensors. If you still get a TPMS fault after a few more miles of driving in the next day or two, there is a chance you may have been supplied with the wrong frequency sensors, since Land Rover switched from 315 to 433 Mhz in North America, in the midst of MY2014 production. So, the potential for confusing the two frequencies when purchasing new sensors for this model year is a definite possibility. The dealership should have checked your VIN of course, but may have neglected to do so. See the TSB below for more info.
I am hoping time will work..haven't checked this morning yet. Thanks for the note.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts