RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My TPMS light came on yesterday as one of the first cold days. I checked all 4 tires and each was a few lbs below recommended. I inflated them up to recommended pressure and all was fine for the rest of yesterday. This morning, I had the light on again... I checked the pressures in the computer and it has the 2 left tires swapped. It's telling me my front left is at 44lbs and rear left is 36lbs. I checked them with a manual gauge and the front is definitley 36 and rear is 44. How do I reprogram the computer to see which tire is at which corner?

thanks,

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
I gotta say that is a new one. There is nothing to program. There are four receiver, one at each wheel behind the liner. The TPMS sensors in the rim are all the same. Each receiver simply reads the PSI of the closest sensor and sends that reading to the ECU. Only thing I can suggest is a hard reset at your battery. Disconnect both cables, tough them together to discharged any stored energy in volatile memory and then reconnect.

·
Registered
204 Posts
What a coincidence! I had my snows put on my 2015 SVR at the dealer today and the sensors were indicating 4lb differences between left and right tires both front and back and low overall pressure versus targets. After the technician topped up the air, the fronts both showed the same at 44 and rears at 40 which is opposite to what he set them at. When I got home after a highway drive the reading reversed with front at 40 and rear at 44 where they should be. Maybe the temperature dropping confused the system.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Watch it over the next few weeks. My 2014 had the same thing happen intermittently and there was some software patch that need to be applied.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same issue after going thru the car wash. The tpms reversed the passenge rear and front tire and the truck reported the rear tire as low. It went away after 1hr of driving.

·
Registered
2 Posts
had similar issue after loading snow tire/rim package in to back of RRS. After driving for 20 minutes or so got a "suspension failure" and "adaptive suspension" error message with warning to limit to 30 km/hr. No air suspension. Took it to nearby dealer who said it could not be tpms in new tires and arranged rental car (courtesy of JLR). After loading new wheels in to rental, message was cleared, but JLR wanted to check out the vehicle. Found nothing and no return of messages. New package fitted and all functioning well. Seems the tpms was confused by the RRS 8 wheeler configuration.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts