RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
chronoguy said:
I notice they have MTS (Multi-terrain) select. SOunds like a rebadge Terrain Response. They also have the wheel direction that we get in the LCD. Doesn't Land Rover have patents on this?
That'd be like having a patent on four wheel drive or tubeless tyres. It's an idea, not an exacting part or assembly.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Yeah Toyota has been ripping off LR designs for about 60 years now. How else would a bunch of spinless virgins design a 4x4? :roll: When Im president I will order the closing of Toyota and all of their drivers to attend classes on how to have fun and to have alittle self expression. :lol:

·
Registered
867 Posts
What's funny is I have a 99 LX470 and a 93 Land Cruiser. And they may be boring, souless boxes, but neither has ever stranded me. Ever. And both out did my friends built P38... and I run stock tires on the LX470 (with the running boards on it)

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Roverrad95 said:
What's funny is I have a 99 LX470 and a 93 Land Cruiser. And they may be boring, souless boxes, but neither has ever stranded me. Ever. And both out did my friends built P38... and I run stock tires on the LX470 (with the running boards on it)

Well go enjoy your Toyotas and depart with these crappy good for nothing Range Rovers. You won't be missed. :thumb: Oh wait you don't even own a LR product. So why are you here?

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Doctor Leo said:
Oh wait you don't even own a LR product. So why are you here?
Since when is Range Rover ownership a requirement for being a member here? :think:

·
Registered
867 Posts
It doesn't matter. I own a Range Rover. It's a 2004, HSE, which I bought new. You're an idiot Leo. It's in the signature.

I do miss my P38, and I will get another one, probably next year.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't like Toyotas because of their lack of personality. But one of my dreamcars of the 90's was the 4Runner, and I'm even thinking of getting me one (MK II). Weird thing though is that a '94 4Runner is more expensive than a '94 RR Classic over here in Switzerland. Seems the Classic is still often seen as unreliable and complicated to maintain and repair.

·
Registered
867 Posts
RangeRoverCH said:
I don't like Toyotas because of their lack of personality. But one of my dreamcars of the 90's was the 4Runner, and I'm even thinking of getting me one (MK II). Weird thing though is that a '94 4Runner is more expensive than a '94 RR Classic over here in Switzerland. Seems the Classic is still often seen as unreliable and complicated to maintain and repair.
HAHAHA not weird at all. There is this show called top gear (I copied the links in for you). Watch for yourself, it explains the high resale value.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6GYgAQ2 ... re=related

(You all will have to find part 2 and/or 3, it wont let me do anything without logging in)

·
Registered
748 Posts
I would rather buy a chevy over a toyota. There quality has slipped alot.

I

·
Registered
483 Posts
Roverrad95 said:
RangeRoverCH said:
HAHAHA not weird at all. There is this show called top gear (I copied the links in for you). Watch for yourself, it explains the high resale value.

And if this helps, stateside I have a 1993 Toyota Land Cruiser 199k miles. I have an offer at $4k, I want $4,500 for it. This is what 1996-1998 Range Rovers in average condition go for. Would I drive the Land Cruiser cross country? Yes! The Rover? Nope.

(You all will have to find part 2 and/or 3, it wont let me do anything without logging in)
that series of films for the Toyota Pickup is one of the all time Top Gear classics - the truck still has pride of place in the studio.
look up the Top Gear Bolivia Special though

·
Registered
248 Posts
Roverrad95 said:
RangeRoverCH said:

Thanks a lot for the link! I've never seen this on Top Gear, and usually I'm against crashing old cars (as Top Gear does in every episode), but since the Toyota has survived, it's okay - and pretty stunning! Thanks again! :thumb:

To me the best british show is 'Wheeler Dealers', just because it is about saving old cars, not crashing them...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts