RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hoping someone who has actually towed with their RRS can help me out. I have read all the threads and the manual but get conflicting information. Should I use a weight distribution hitch when towing or not? My 2008 RRS HSE will be towing a 23 foot travel trailer which weighs about 5,500 lbs fully loaded. Would love to hear from anyone that has actually towed with their RRS and whether they used a weight distribution hitch or not.

Thanks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I towed my porsche on a large trailer 1200 miles one way, then towed another car (a McLaren) 1200 miles back. Was NOT a weight distribution hitch. 2008 RRS was smooth sailing the whole way & the whole way back. Cruised 70+ mph with ease. I was prob. appr. 4000-4500 lbs. loaded.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The use of a weight distribution hitch is not approved for use any air suspended Landrover. So do not use it - just nit needed.

Endure the trailer is correctly loaded with between 5 and 10% of the total trailer weight on the tow ball. The trailer should have vehicle activated brakes on it as well.

Garry

·
Registered
26 Posts
I tow with a regular hitch no problem. 6500lbs. Just make sure you have a trailer brake controller setup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts