RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer had added the tow package to my RRS when I bought it new in 2016 but I just got the software updated so the truck knows the tow package is there (dealer originally didn't enable this).

Good news is that I now have the towing camera view with the line for backing up to attach the trailer. Bad news is the line is not centered on the hitch ball. Is this normal?The line is next to the ball with the ball on the passengerside of the line. Is this something thatcan be adjusted so the picture of the ball is right on top of the actual ballas opposed to next to it. At least I cansee the ball in the camera, especially with the zoom but it would be nice ifyou could just put the line on the center of the trailer tongue vs nextto it. I guess I will get used to it ifit is not easy or possible to adjust.

Thanks,

Kris

·
Registered
19 Posts
Following, I just got my towing package installed on my RRSport too. Didn't know the software needs to be updated, I'll be sure to ask the dealership when they finish adding the wires and check the lines. We have exact same rig - mine's a HSE Td6 too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know what your view is like. It is really a great setup with a line that shoots out at least 10 feet to help align the hitch with the tongue. It would be perfect if the line was actually over the top of the ball. Mine is about 4-5" to the drivers side of the ball so it is hard to get it perfectly centered. The zoom feature does help a lot though.

Appreciate anyone else with a 2016 with tow package to provide input if their line is centered over the ball.

Thanks

Kris

·
Registered
275 Posts
I had a 2016 with factory tow installed. The picture and predictive line was off of where it should have been. I remember it being off by about 1 or 2 inches. Not 5-6.
I eventually had to got rid of my trailer and didn’t need to tow anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
Holeecow
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing