RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going south to pick up a 89' Trans Am and I am woundering how to pull it on a car dolly. I use a flat bed to tow normally so this is new for me. My question is how do I load the car onto the dolly. Do I load the car with the front wheels on the dolly and put it into neutral or load it with the rear wheels on the dolly and lock the steering? Thanks

Here is a dolly like the one Im using

Here is a car kinda like the one Im towing (this one is alot nicer :lol: )

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
I've always seen cars with the front on...judging by the clearance angles, if you put the back on the dolly, you'll rip the front bumper off...

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
From Rangies to Corvette and now Flaming Chicken... are you growing your mullet out again? :shock:

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Business in the front party in the back. `)

I have always had a soft spot for GM sports cars. Plus me and friend have opened up a garage and we will be flipping this car on for a profit. It will be one of our first sales. :thumb:

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
Best of luck Leo, just keep Sally Field out of the picture. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
I think with rear wheel drive, you are going to have to put the front wheels on the dolly and disconect the drive shaft; unless it's a short distance. :?:

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rrtoadhall said:
Best of luck Leo, just keep Sally Field out of the picture. :thumb:
Im waiting on the timber barons trustfund daughter (want all that land :D ) so no Gidget anytime soon. :wink:

Yeah Im going to load it with the front wheels on the dolly and pull the driveshaft. Its a 550 mile haul.

Thanks guys. And when your in the market for something that smokes tires give me a call. :twisted:

·
Registered
199 Posts
A 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlas please. I always regretted saying no to the one I was offered. But then I was only 15 at thhe time :lol:

:pray:

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What engine? How restored do you want it, or let me ask this, how much do you want to spend including shipping? I can do miricles on shoestring budgets. :thumb:

But yes you should have taken that car. They are a blast to own, although I like the 76+ modles better.

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
TripleE said:
I think with rear wheel drive, you are going to have to put the front wheels on the dolly and disconect the drive shaft; unless it's a short distance. :?:
This.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts