Range Rovers Forum banner

Towing - 2017 RRS ATB

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  RRToadHall 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I did a search on the forum for towing and found only very old articles, figured it would be OK to start a thread and ask.

LRs are designed to tow and I even ordered a new tow assist package for my 2017 RRS ATB. Yet I learned that the installation of the hitch is only done at the dealership (not factory). Yet there is an option (Canadian, not sure about USA) for a hitch receiver at $650 extra from the factory. Quite confusing, does it come with a hitch or not?

I decided to wait and see when it arrives. If it doesn't come with a hitch, then why is there a receiver option from factory? And why is there a tow assist option from factory?

Thoughts?

Thanks!

#2 ·
Factory order does not mean factory install. The receivers are mounted Stateside upon port delivery as with many other options, addition of mats, owners manuals etc. Once it makes it to the dealer the dealer does PDI to ensure that factory paperwork matches the build... correct any damages... wash the rig... etc.

#4 ·
I see... thanks for the reply!

Do you tow with your vehicle? And did you get a hitch with the dealer or after market?

When I was getting cross bars for my BMW, I got them from BMW, but then a bike rack I chose to go with Yakima (better IMO). Similarly here, I am debating whether I should order the tow package for $1700 CND + Tax from the dealer or have an after market install.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.