RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 RRS SC towing a 4,500+ lb boat and dual axle trailer over mountain pass. Beautiful job! Suspension ensured no sag. Unevenness over mountain pass was no problem. Power was fine as I was able to maintain 70 over entire pass. Previously had Jeep Grand Cherokee that did a fine job but sagged and didn't handle as well. RRS SC was a pleasure to pull a large heavy boat.

·
Registered
64 Posts
schmittdoggy said:
2007 RRS SC towing a 4,500+ lb boat and dual axle trailer over mountain pass. Beautiful job! Suspension ensured no sag. Unevenness over mountain pass was no problem. Power was fine as I was able to maintain 70 over entire pass. Previously had Jeep Grand Cherokee that did a fine job but sagged and didn't handle as well. RRS SC was a pleasure to pull a large heavy boat.
Nice, great to hear! I'm looking forward to towing my Corvette with my '06 RRS SC.

-TJ

·
Registered
1 Posts
schmittdoggy - did you use the OEM Hitch Receiver / Hitch Kit combo or have any aftermarket heavy duty hitch installed?
I am planning to tow 21-23 foot bowrider in the future and wanted to know if OEM Hitch Receiver / Hitch Kit will do the trick?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
I bought my RRS SC becauase I was told it was a great towing vehicle and I have not been disapointed. We also have a GMC Silverado with the VortecMax engine. This engine is made for power and towing and it doesnt compare to the RRS SC.
We also tow heavy, twin axle, boats.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
mpmoto said:
schmittdoggy - did you use the OEM Hitch Receiver / Hitch Kit combo or have any aftermarket heavy duty hitch installed?
I am planning to tow 21-23 foot bowrider in the future and wanted to know if OEM Hitch Receiver / Hitch Kit will do the trick?
I just saw an LR3 with an aftermarket hitch setup. Looked way more stable than that OEM thing-a-ma-rig. :(

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mpmoto said:
I purchased the OEM hitch receiver off craigslist. The hitch I used was very light, solid aluminum, rated at 13,000 lb.

I always thought the OEM receiver was ridiculous and cursed RR for it (sort of like Apple, just one more thing you have to buy). Having said that, I was very happy with it. Very solid piece. Unlike my prior Jeep Gr. Cherokee, this held the trailer without rattle or other noises when going over bumps. Made for more enjoyable tow.

I tow a 2004 Cobalt 220, a very heavy boat (22', actually 24' with swim platform) so you should be fine. Pictures will come next roadtrip this summer. Beautiful combo with black on black (blacked out with the exception of the OEM stormer wheels) towing black and white on black trailer.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
61 Posts
OEM hitch is solid once on the car. I like that it can be taken off because it gives more clearance in the rear when off road.
I pull a 22 foot Supra Launch SS which is a very heavy boat for that length.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts