RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover MkIV / L405
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking at picking up a new 17' Range Rover Diesel that is still left on the lot. I found one I like but it doesn't have the Tow Package with the Full Size Spare. Ive been researching and I think I have found the answers to 2 of the 3 primary questions but looking for confirmation:

1. I can get the OEM Trailer Hitch, Electronics, and Software Installed at Dealer and it is effectively the same as if it left the factor with it. Correct?
2. There is no Locking Rear Diff on the Diesels, even ones with the Tow Kit. Correct?
3. Does the Spare wheel compartment fit a full size spare if I can order a matching wheel?
This is the biggest unknown. Is there little pieces I may need to buy to securely mount a full size wheel? I do plan to drive this on tougher roads occasionally and would like this option.

Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello there,
No differential lock, but yes to low 4x4 which is really all u need.
The trunk will fit a full size wheel with tire up to 22 inches without any issues.
I have just purchased a 2017 RR HSE Td6 and exchanged the donut spare with a full size 21 inches wheel/tire from the autobiography, fits and still leave space around to put my safety triangle, rags, and small tool box.
If u want I can send you pictures later tonight.
Cheers
LCL

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you could send pics that would be great! Really appreciate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts