RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to see if this is normal, 13 rrs SC with 70k miles. I've owned it for almost 3 months. All service history up to date, dealer stated there is a minor rear main seal leak but no drips/leaking as far as I can tell last 500 miles or so and oil level is good. Other than that, clean bill of health. Anyway, like the title says, I start the truck (it's been between 15-40f here) let it run for 30-60 seconds and go on my way, but every time the truck wants to take off on me unless I am suuuppppeerrr easy on the gas. Is this normal or indicative of an upcoming issue? Thanks!

·
Administrator
27,798 Posts
In cold weather right at start up your rig is running at a higher idle. Naturally once the temp rises a bit the idle drops back to normal. Since the RPMs are higher at first start, especially in cold weather, of course the throttle is going to be touchy. Especially true since you have an SC.

·
Registered
2013 Range Rover Sport
51 Posts
Trying letting it come off high idle before putting truck in drive. Mine runs just over a minute or so on high idle, once the emission start up cycle has completed the truck returns to standard idle, about 750 RPM. I have not experience the touchy throttle you described. See if that helps your drivability issue.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Roger that guys. I think you're both right, I don't think I've ever owned a vehicle with more than 150hp, let alone 500. Do you guys let it drop to the natural idle before driving? Which is, I believe, like dead on 600rpm on mine? I usually wait for 800rpm, which takes 30-60 seconds like I mentioned, just because I'm impatient and don't feel like waiting for 2 minutes to start driving �� I did let it drop this morning to 600rpm before I took off and it was less jumpy. I feel like I read somewhere it's unnecessary to let a vehicle "warm up". I've read on here on a few different forums about this though and it seems everyone is a little different on the feeling.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts