RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

New owner (well my wife is the TRUE owner as its her vehicle) and I've been doing quite a bit of research on getting the RSE video to play on the touchscreen. Does anyone have detailed instructions on how I can remove my RSE module to see if it just needs the "s-video type cable" or if i need to send it in somewhere. If I just need the cable, are there instructions on how to route and install the cable? I tried searching for a good part of the day and I see some discussion but I was wondering if there is DIY of sorts with pictures.

Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
good question....

i am in the same boat as you. I think i found the RSE module... and it seems to ahve that s-video out, but not sure.

I bought some cable/adapters on ebay for 20 bucks shipped... hoping i got the right ones.

if anyone has the dyi, that would be great.... if not ill try putting one together if what i bought works.

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
I don't think there's an easy way to have the RSE DVD output appear on the front screen. Can't remember if the Nav-TV unit will accomplish that for you. Might be easier to just get the GVIF interface unit and then you can run whatever you want on the nav screen. There are quite a few threads on here about both of those options.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drevs said:
I don't think there's an easy way to have the RSE DVD output appear on the front screen. Can't remember if the Nav-TV unit will accomplish that for you. Might be easier to just get the GVIF interface unit and then you can run whatever you want on the nav screen. There are quite a few threads on here about both of those options.
If you see the thread below you will see what I and the other individual above are referring to. It seems like a really simple process but we are just looking for detail on what panels we would need to remove in order to access the RSE module and route the cable to the touchscreen.

viewtopic.php?t=11695&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75

·
Premium Member
1,739 Posts
Drevs said:
Can't remember if the Nav-TV unit will accomplish that for you.
So apparently it will... Still seems like the GVIF solution is easier, cheaper, and significantly more flexible (video, music via FM or RSE input, backup cam, etc). Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts