RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering how people deal with fingerprints and cleaning of the dual touchscreen on their RRS L494.

Are there any tricks or tips that you have for:
  1. preventing fingerprints and marks
  2. cleaning the screen
For prevention, I am wondering if there are any surface coatings, films or sprays that help to minimise fingerprints? Obviously we wouldn't want something that could potentially interfere with or damage the screen but I'm hoping someone may have personal experience.

For cleaning, what tips do you have? I find it hard to clean without activating all the touch screen buttons. The screen seems to be on whenever I am in the car and I'm unsure how to totally deactivate it. At this stage I just use a lint free cloth and one with a little moisture if there are 'heavy' prints on the screen.

Looking forward to any thoughts.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
55 Posts
For prevention I purchased a matte finish generic screen protector for a tablet and custom cut it to size. It really helped on the fingerprints with no touch screen interference. It did dull the sharpness of the images a bit but not too bad. The lower screen took a but of time for proper fitment, I was trying to cut out for the knobs but ended up just cutting flush across the top of the temperature control knobs.

As for cleaning: Micro fiber towel and a mist bottle of screen cleaner as soon as I open the door to enter the cabin. This will allow for cleaning before the screen is active.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
If the Sport works the same as the Range Rover, turn the car off, open and close the driver’s door and all the screens will turn off, then you can clean it without activating any buttons.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts