1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 2008 Vogue SE.

The problem I have is that the Touch Screen will not allow the TV, Radio or CD to work.
The icons for these features are a Grey colour instead of being Black in colour.

I have worked out that when this occurs if the vehicle is run then the interior gets warm the screen works as it should.
Also when the fault is on the screen will not work with the reverse camera.

All other screen items work such as Sat Nav, 4X4 info, etc

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance and all the best for 2012

Mr R

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds like something on the MOST (fiber optic) bus is acting up. Basically, anything Media Oriented (Sat Radio, DVD, CD, etc...) use the MOST bus. Diagnostics for this can be difficult, since one module pulling the bus down, can prevent all fitted modules to stop talking!

I can't think of anything off of the top of my head to tell you to do (its been a long day). I naturally want to go straight to hooking the computer up and see what faults are stored.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply.
I have now found that if the battery is just under the Max charge then it will start the vehicle but it will not power the CD/Radio/TV due to these requiring Max battery power. Strange but very true!
Once the battery is at full strength after a good run and charge up the system works fine.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Mr R

·
Registered
54 Posts
If your battery is weak enough to cause some of the data bus to shut down, then your battery will most likely leave you stranded in the very near future. Get it tested and/or replaced!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Just a quick update for all those who may have this problem either now or in the future.
The battery was replaced and all is perfect.
I also had the software reflashed to get the best out of it.

Thanks Mr R

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok a new update!

The above post appeared to work however the problem returned after a few weeks.
I took the vehicle back to the Land Rover garage and after much searching the fault was pin pointed to a fault in the Rear Seat Entertainment module.
This was replaced on an exchange deal and it fixed the problem.

It just shows how something simple can gave not just me the owner a headache but also the poor electrician at the Land Rover garage.

Well done to Alan at Team Valley Land Rover in Gateshead.
Once again a top job from these award winning guys.

Mr R

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thank you for posting the fix! Wish everyone would follow up like that :rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts