RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done a complete restoration of their RR Classic? I am seriously considering this on my RR Classic "Sport" because I can not find another one in the country or any other country. Do I have the only one left? I have searched many forums, RR magazines as well as just about every web page that has a RRC on it. Do you know of anybody with a 1993 RR Classic SWB with air bags std? They only came in Baluga Black Clear Coat and Aegean Blue. And they were only relieced in the US (200).
Is there a RR registry for the US?

·
Registered
523 Posts
Not done it, but if I had the money (which I don't) I would love to do a proper ground-up restoration. Can't see any reason why it would be difficult, just time consuming and expensive.

Ref the airbags, only the soft-dash classics had airbags, so that's '95 and '96 cars.

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Danny said:
Not done it, but if I had the money (which I don't) I would love to do a proper ground-up restoration. Can't see any reason why it would be difficult, just time consuming and expensive.

Ref the airbags, only the soft-dash classics had airbags, so that's '95 and '96 cars.
No, air suspension came in 1992, standard on lwb and optional on swb. I had a 1993 swb Vogue on air.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Sorry, I was meaning airbags as in explode in your face in a crash! :doh:
Just ignore me.

·
Registered
318 Posts
i currently have two classic and i am doing a rolling restoration on both hopefully getting to the point of finaly doing the body and a chassis swap at the same time

·
Registered
345 Posts
I recently had a 95 swb with air suspension, previosly owned by drug dealer so well maintained, also sold cheap because he's in prison and lost interest, sounds similar to "sport". Looked good cruising in high profile. Anyway, on the restoration idea, isnt that what i've been doing constantly for the last 7 years ? Once you finish, everything starts breaking all over again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts