RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

If the HEVAC is completely dead - ie, control panel working but absolutely nothing from the vents, not a sausage. If I cycle the ignition, the book symbol clears then reappears, so I'm hoping the controller is ok.

If the a/c compressor stopped engaging due to lack of gas, would the vents and blower fans still work?

I thought yes, but have learned never to assume anything.

Just curious. I've checked the relays and fuse and all ok.

Praying for a simple fix! `)

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Yes the blowers would still work regardless of the A/C compressor. Your sure the fuses and
relays check out ok?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Scotty said:
Yes the blowers would still work regardless of the A/C compressor. Your sure the fuses and
relays check out ok?
OK, I admit it - I lifted the fuse box cover and pulled out the relays and all looked ok. I didn't do a thorough check .......

I'm encouraged that the fans would still work if the compressor failed, so back to it.

Previous owner said that fans slowly died whilst the air stayed cold.

Thanks for the patient response .... just getting back into RRs after a break in the convalescent home ... doctor says I'm ok now .... `8)

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Welcome back we missed you! Glad to here your OK.. `8)

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
Thats funny :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
18 Posts
My UK ,99 Diesel has just done the same , display is working but the blower only comes on intermitantly ,a/c comp is engaging and one of the hoses is cold , hand book image is there when the fan works then goes when the fan stops !!WTF is going on? I think my blend motors are toast as well as theres little control over which vent the air flow comes from.
Any suggestions? ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts