RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly may i appologise if this is covered elsewhere on the forum but following a breaf browse i couldn't easily find the answers i need. I don't have a shop manual, but i have owner and maintained my Jensen Interceptor (Chrysler 7.2V8) for many years so having stripped the RR i've found the engines to be almost the same to work on.
Torque wrench settings for the following on a 4.0SE (1995):-
1, Cylinder head bolts.
2, Inlet manifold bolts.
3, Tappet rail bolts.
4, Exhaust manifold bolts.

In case i've missed any top end wrench settings then please advise but i think the above are the most important.
I thank everyone in advance for any advise you can give me.
Best regards
Simon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My computer will not download RAVE as my CD drive is not working properly, so if someone would just let me know the settings it will save me a lot of hastle.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
? Why would your CD drive have anything to do with downloading a file?

If you are going to work on your own rig you will definately need RAVE. IT covers pretty much everything you would ever want/need to do with your rig.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the links i have tried are either corrupt or require a CD download. With all due respect i am just asking if anyone can supply me with the settings as mentioned, i am fully aware they are in the manual but this doesn't help me if i don't have a copy.

G

·
0 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Max said:
You absolutely need RAVE for what you're doing. Go here http://green-oval.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=13&Itemid=29 Download the cd image, then go here http://www.undisker.com/ and download undisker, its free to try, it will extract the .iso file and you dont have to burn it to a cd. Voila! Every torque setting is listed, as well as the correct sequence in which to torque the head bolts.
Or even better instead of undisker try:

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/eng/downloads

Go for the lite version which is free and will do more than enough to get rave working, you don't need a cd drive at all then. The daemon tools software emulates a CD Drive so you just open up the Rave ISO image and it appears as a CD Drive, very useful for all sorts of programs.

IIRC you need disc 2 for p38's

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
91 Posts
interjen said:
Firstly may i appologise if this is covered elsewhere on the forum but following a breaf browse i couldn't easily find the answers i need. I don't have a shop manual, but i have owner and maintained my Jensen Interceptor (Chrysler 7.2V8) for many years so having stripped the RR i've found the engines to be almost the same to work on.
1, Cylinder head bolts.
2, Inlet manifold bolts.
3, Tappet rail bolts.

In case i've missed any top end wrench settings then please advise but i think the above are the most important.
Best regards
Simon.

are the head bolts torque to yield on the gems engine? they are on the bosch

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
O.K fine, i have tried the links above again and i STILL cannot seem to download this. I don't know why, i'm not computer illiterate it just WON'T WORK!. I have bought a copy of RAVE off ebay which i will receive next week sometime, but this doesn't help me now! PLEASE PLEASE JUST LET ME KNOW THE TORQUE WRENCH SETTINGS! I really thought like the Jensen Forum that someone would want to help a fellow owner????.

·
Registered
210 Posts
interjen said:
1, Cylinder head bolts.
2, Inlet manifold bolts.
3, Tappet rail bolts.

Best regards
Simon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sotal you are a star :clap: ! Thank you so much. I cannot believe the trouble in getting this information. Once again, a big thank you. `)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Just to note, that is a page from: 4.0 & 4.6 litre V8 Engine Overhaul Manual - 3rd Edition Printed 1998. It says it covers all "New Range Rovers" so at the time that was P38's upto 1998 so should be perfect for your engine.

Print a copy as I'll probably remove it soon so as not to get the forum in any trouble for copyright etc

·
Registered
128 Posts
Well done sotal, I tried to copy the pages from RAVE to help interjen but had no luck, at least someone on here can use a computer `) `) `)

Sid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts