RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am replacing the rear pads on my 2014 RRS HSE. Can someone give me the torque specs of the caliper carrier bolts. These are the ones with the 12 point socket 15mm heads. Thanks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I'm interested in this as well... When you find out 383Vette let us know please as I do all our brakes around here too!

I'm sure you are upgrading pad and maybe rotors as well Vette... What did you decide to go with?

·
Registered
2014 RRS
1,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guessed at 72 ft/lbs. Went with Powerstop ceramic. They make a ceramic front and rear for towing which I do a lot. I have a 6 banger so I don't have the Brembo brakes like you. I would assume they make ceramics for your application too. I use ceramics whenever possible. Even have them on my Z06 since I don't track the car.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I guessed at 72 ft/lbs. Went with Powerstop ceramic. They make a ceramic front and rear for towing which I do a lot. I have a 6 banger so I don't have the Brembo brakes like you. I would assume they make ceramics for your application too. I use ceramics whenever possible. Even have them on my Z06 since I don't track the car.
Oh yes, ceramic brakes are certainly an advantage! When it's time I'll be upgrading for sure... Ceramics throw less brake dust and handle heat well too.

I drove my buddies 03' Z06 when it was new. The factory OEM brakes, pads, and rotors on that model year would throw you thru the windshield if you weren't wearing a seatbelt. Nice driving car for sure!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts