RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the torque spec for a tie rod end ball joint on a 2006 Range Rover.
Thanks.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
On the front or rear lower arm the ball joint nut should be tightened to 80Nm/59lbf.ft. (if that's what you mean?)

The weight of the vehicle should be on the suspension when the torque is finally set.

Phil

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the front or rear lower arm the ball joint nut should be tightened to 80Nm/59lbf.ft. (if that's what you mean?)

The weight of the vehicle should be on the suspension when the torque is finally set.

Phil
The ball joint at the end of the right outer tie rod. Not the control arms. Probably the same torque. Thanks.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Phil.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the tie-rod on. Not too bad of a job. Most importantly, no more clunks, and I don't think it needs an alignment. Drove it, and it tracked nice and straight. The Range Rover feels nice and solid again. And thanks for the link Phil, that will be a life saver.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Even if it feels straight, I would still have the alignment checked. It will be hard to get it as accurate as the laser measurements can, and it does not cost much... much less than a new set of tires!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Even if it feels straight, I would still have the alignment checked. It will be hard to get it as accurate as the laser measurements can, and it does not cost much... much less than a new set of tires!
I'll have the mechanic check it at the end of he month when it goes in for an inspection.

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
Even if it feels straight, I would still have the alignment checked.
Absolutely.

Toe being a little off(which is all you would change with a tie rod replacement) will not cause the vehicle to track incorrectly (can make the wheel off center) but will tear up your tires faster then anything else.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts