RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Im having the vibration hum issue on my 2005 Hse. Yes the revs are dropping with the noise. I read all post pointing towards the torque converter. I purchased a remanufactured unit from torqueconverter1.com. My questions is....Should I try a full fluid flush(11 liters) or half fluid flush(5l )with new filter and gasket. I looked underneath the pan had a lube guard sticker on it. Im not sure if it was serviced with the wrong fluid type and lubeguard additive. Or should I just drop transmission and install torque converter and then do the full or half flush. I just purchased truck two weeks ago. Also Is this a home diy job in my garage without a lift? I worked on my own vehicles for the most part. Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
869 Posts
It is important to use the correct fluid. If you have any doubt about what's in it, best to full flush so you are sure going forward. This is especially true since you have lost the TC.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually have the same humming noise on my 2004 RR and I took it to the main dealers 2days ago but confirmed it was'nt the gearbox or TC. Still under invetigation but they think its the back diff, maybe the bearings in there.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I took it to an independent lr shop. They said it wad the tc and I needed a new transmission. not sure about the transmission cause its shifting and driving ok except for the torque converter hum vibration. I called Land rover dealer I give them vin and they said my differential was replaced in 08. I think it was a recall fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts