RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm not entirely sure that my torque converter is locking up as it should. In the past with other autos, there was a noticeable drop in revs as this happened but I don't appear to get anything in my 92 RRC. Has anyone experience of this?

·
Registered
333 Posts
TC lockup is just over 50mph (mine is at 51-52 indicated). On the ZF it feels like a shift point.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Mine is same as above, reliably at 51 mph.

Its veeeeery subtle on a light throttle opening with speed slowly rising all but invisible, slightly more so if you are accelerating through it more aggressively.

Although we've owned it a while, it is the first one with this ZF auto example and impressed just how smooth it is for all changes, some of them really are imperceptible.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Mine is same as above, reliably at 51 mph.

Its veeeeery subtle on a light throttle opening with speed slowly rising all but invisible, slightly more so if you are accelerating through it more aggressively.

Although we've owned it a while, it is the first one with this ZF auto example and impressed just how smooth it is for all changes, some of them really are imperceptible.
The ZF HP422 is truly something to behold. For all the woes that came with my '91 when I got it, the transmission has thankfully been very robust and incredibly smooth

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think it is fine actually, just much for subtle than I'm used to. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The rev drop is not significant at all about 200 but the increase in torque is quite noticeable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts