RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two dealers in my area that i have been engaged in some negotiation:

One is offering me an ATB 14MY with a great value for my trade in and is willing to take $4.5k off the ATB (not my first choice of colors but great combination which i like) - great communication and attention from their part so far.

The other, never dealt with him before offering me a 15MY LWB delivery in December (originally said November) but wants for me to trade in my car right now and wait for December for mine; and is offering $4k less for the trade in and isn't discounting the 15MY - isn't as great of communication.

which one would you go with?

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Is that the Brogue/Ivory interior? Funny, I had been searching google for photos of that combination for the last hour and you had them right here!! How does the color look in person? What color is the carpet ... it looks sort off greyish in photos. What is the exterior color?

Back to your questions ...
Do you want/need a LWB? Is the LWB an ATB too?
Do you trust the 2015 dealer?
I would not give up my current car and would counter with the same trade-in value, but you get to keep your car till December.
Once they take your old car you have no options or flexibility.

Does the 2014 dealer also have a good service department?
I would want to give my business to the 2014 dealer, based on your description of them, even if it isn't with this exact RR. Do they have any 2015s coming if you wanted to go that route?

If you need the RR ATB today, the 2014 sounds like a good deal all around.

·
Registered
213 Posts
so basically the dealer with the 14 is probably giving you somewhere between 10-15k off when all is said and done (better trade in plus discount) vs the 15 going for straight msrp. this seems fair, but i wouldn't take a 14 at this point since 15 will be here in 1 month.

i would wait for the 15, but tell them under no circumstances does it make sense to trade in a car now unless they will give you a loaner until yours arrives.

also, you may want to double check that you can still spec the one due in Dec unless you like how it is built. if he's telling you that it can still be spec'd, that's likely a late Jan/Feb delivery.

·
Registered
39 Posts
so basically the dealer with the 14 is probably giving you somewhere between 10-15k off when all is said and done (better trade in plus discount) vs the 15 going for straight msrp. this seems fair, but i wouldn't take a 14 at this point since 15 will be here in 1 month.

i would wait for the 15, but tell them under no circumstances does it make sense to trade in a car now unless they will give you a loaner until yours arrives.

also, you may want to double check that you can still spec the one due in Dec unless you like how it is built. if he's telling you that it can still be spec'd, that's likely a late Jan/Feb delivery.
I'd have to agree here. Mine is due in early December and the cut off date for changes just passed at the end of last week. So you might want to check and make sure he's telling you the right delivery date. As for the trade in, I guess they might be concerned about the extra mileage you might put on the vehicle between now and December that would be my only guess as to why they would want your trade in now. But if you can afford a RR LWB I would assume you have an extra car that you could use for the time being.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that the Brogue/Ivory interior? Funny, I had been searching google for photos of that combination for the last hour and you had them right here!! How does the color look in person? What color is the carpet ... it looks sort off greyish in photos. What is the exterior color?

Back to your questions ...
Do you want/need a LWB? Is the LWB an ATB too?
Do you trust the 2015 dealer?
I would not give up my current car and would counter with the same trade-in value, but you get to keep your car till December.
Once they take your old car you have no options or flexibility.

Does the 2014 dealer also have a good service department?
I would want to give my business to the 2014 dealer, based on your description of them, even if it isn't with this exact RR. Do they have any 2015s coming if you wanted to go that route?

If you need the RR ATB today, the 2014 sounds like a good deal all around.
The interior is stunning, white wasn't my first exterior choice as it is quite common but the interior sells the car for me. The carpet is black.

I prefer the LWB (the ATB isn't a must at all). If I was to order a car I wouldn't order the ATB. I do not feel comfortable currently trading the car to this dealer and with so many of users saying the deadline for December order has passed i am even more inclined to go with the 14 dealer.

·
Registered
213 Posts
While the deadline to spec a Dec delivery is gone, that doesn't mean an area dealer will be totally sold out. People back out, etc so if you wait until late Nov, you may be surprised to find some, not many, on area dealer lots.

But, if you need one now then you have no option but the 14, but I would press for 10% off. Play the area dealers off each other.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
The interior is stunning, white wasn't my first exterior choice as it is quite common but the interior sells the car for me. The carpet is black.

I prefer the LWB (the ATB isn't a must at all). If I was to order a car I wouldn't order the ATB. I do not feel comfortable currently trading the car to this dealer and with so many of users saying the deadline for December order has passed i am even more inclined to go with the 14 dealer.
Thanks. I agree the interior is really nice. I did find a Brogue/Ivory to look at today at one of the LA dealers. Now I have to decide between 2 choices. I noticed the carpet wasn't pure black, it does have brown mixed in, which looks much better next to the brown seat frame and not as sever as pure black would be. Mine is an end of January delivery.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Enjoy it! I think you've received the best deal I've heard about since I joined the forum. The Brogue that I saw in LA last week was also white, and it is a great looking combination.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Great! That's why you ask for 10% off since you'll always end up meeting in the middle definitely better than the 4k initial offer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts