RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just given the VIN for my 2017 RRS yesterday and went on to TOPIx to check out the build and make sure that all is well with the build that I ordered. I hope that I am reading the reports wrong and am hoping that somebody may be able to help out.

The printout lists a number of the options that are ordered, but it also lists a number of items available on the car with the word "Less" in front of it. For the majority of the items with the word "Less", those are options that I did not order, but I am seeing the word "Less" in front of "head up display" and "cooler box/fridge", both of which are options I put on the car. Any insights into how I may be reading this wrong would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,725 Posts
You most likely are not reading it wrong. Actual production errors are very rare. However dealer input errors do happen. There are also cases where some options are only available independent of other options. Take a look at your signed paperwork and make sure those items in question were actually included in your final order. If there is a discrepancy contact your dealer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You most likely are not reading it wrong. Actual production errors are very rare. However dealer input errors do happen. There are also cases where some options are only available independent of other options. Take a look at your signed paperwork and make sure those items in question were actually included in your final order. If there is a discrepancy contact your dealer.
I have gone over my paperwork numerous times since the order was placed in August and the heads up display and cooler box are definitely ticked off and charged as part of the purchase price. Any chance you are aware of whether these are items that the dealer may be able to install at their end? I will not take delivery of the car without those options, but know that it will be months before I will be able to get the car that I actually ordered.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dealer has confirmed that they messed up the order. Rather than taking delivery in a few weeks, it will be about 3 months as the order for the correct build goes in. Boooooourns!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Unbelievable but it's happened before. I certainly hope the dealer is compensating you for their error.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unbelievable but it's happened before. I certainly hope the dealer is compensating you for their error.
They have taken ownership of the mistake and seem to be willing to work with me, including compensating me for the error. We shall see as we get closer to my new delivery date, whenever that may be!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts