RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a US supplier for the top hat cylinder liners?

·
Premium Member
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
1,482 Posts
You may want to check with D&D or Robison, but they'll probably point you back to Turner Engineering. ISTR, there was a thread from 2013 on another site that quoted the price from Turner was ~$625 US, but I don't know if that included shipping, VAT, etc. With current exchange rates, that would be even cheaper...

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
You could try Island4x4 in the UK, http://www.island-4x4.co.uk/cylinder-liner-da1185-p-27307.html or contact V8 Developments (http://www.v8developments.co.uk/index.shtml) and see if they will supply you with a set. They charge £950 to supply and fit so the supply only price should be quite reasonable. Postage to the US shouldn't be too expensive but you'll need to add US Import tax too.
Just realized the £950 was the installed price. Turner has them for £45 ea. or £360 for 8, excluding VAT, shipping, etc.

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
3,952 Posts
I wonder why they sell them singly? Who would fit one top hat liner? Ignore the 20% VAT as that is only applied to goods supplied within the EU so there would be no VAT on a supply to the US but there would be US import duty. Yes, £950 from V8 Developments includes fitting but I suspect it would get a bit expensive to send your block over here for it to be done.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
I wonder why they sell them singly? Who would fit one top hat liner?...
Excellent point, makes no sense to replace just one non-flanged sleeve with a flanged sleeve. I suspect it's just the way their online catalog is setup. I would think they would have two SKUs, one for singles, and one for a kit. I'd be surprised if they sold many singles or even had orders less than 8.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts