RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
I loved that episode! Made me just want to grab my tent, jump in my discovery with a mate or two and drive for days.

I think one or two episodes previous they also had a breif review on the 5L super charged RR and a review on the Overfinch Holland and Holland.

·
Registered
687 Posts
there was also a P38 in it to, if you look closely during the traffic when they hit one of the bigger cities XD

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
How is this so? RR's are just crappy usless wanna be offroaders that break down all the time. Everyone should buy Land Cruisers because they are the best and never have problems. :roll: It must be staged theres no way a Land Cruiser had a mechanical problem. They are to perfect. Everyone knows that.

When Im President Im outlawing Toyota and stripping the owners of their citizenship. :D

On a serious note, the guy in the white Toyota SUV that about pushed JC off the cliff needed to just stop and wait. That could have been real deadly.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Doctor Leo said:
On a serious note, the guy in the white Toyota SUV that about pushed JC off the cliff needed to just stop and wait. That could have been real deadly.
I remember similar hair raising situations when I used to drive up narrow Alpine trails back in my Northern Italian days. Residents used to driving those trails regularly just take it for granted that both you and them will make it through, and just keep coming at you at an idiotic pace... Eventually, someone screws up and flies off the cliff.

Still, when it comes to Top Gear I often wonder if some of those death defying moments on the show may be staged and whether Clarkson was really behind the wheel when the Range Rover came that close to disaster. The camera work and production always look a little too perfect. :think: Who cares though, it's always a fun show to watch if you can stand their occasionally annoying and very British bickering.

PS: Happy birthday Tango! You sure screwed up your mom and dad's New Year's Eve celebrations back in the days, didn't you? :lol:

·
Registered
269 Posts
umbertob said:
PS: Happy birthday Tango! You sure screwed up your mom and dad's New Year's Eve celebrations back in the days, didn't you? :lol:
Hell yes :twisted:

·
Premium Member
1,802 Posts
Anybody watching tonight's Top Gear.

Clarkson's just panned the X6. Trying to drive up a grassy slope, failing miserably, Range Rover waltzes up no bother and then he fails to park it as it slides back down the slope.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts