RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i live in spain and because of the heat all four of my ball joint rubbers have perished.i have tested the joints and they have no play in them.To replace all four joints is a massive job just because the rubbers have gone.Has anyone any bright ideas to say me time and money,mainly time and split knuckles.i was thinking split type boots,ect.THANKS.

·
Banned
3,952 Posts
I've seen split CV joint gaiters that come with a tube of cyanoacrylate (Superglue) to bond them together once in place but never seen split ball joint boots. If you can find some of the right size it should be possible to cut them, wrap them round and superglue the cut ends together (and probably glue your finger to it too!). Finding some of the right size is going to be the challenging part.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen split CV joint gaiters that come with a tube of cyanoacrylate (Superglue) to bond them together once in place but never seen split ball joint boots. If you can find some of the right size it should be possible to cut them, wrap them round and superglue the cut ends together (and probably glue your finger to it too!). Finding some of the right size is going to be the challenging part.
yes i,ve seen the CV joints that are split,but perhaps i,m grasping at straws.Its such a lot of work for such a small part,looks like i might have to bite the bullet and do them.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
It'd be a bit of a kludge, but for the price something like this and a tube of superglue you might get away with it! You'd have to gamble that there would be something of the right size in the pack. Good luck :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts