Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought my first Land Rover, a 1996 Range Rover 4.6 HSE. It came with Mark-III 19" wheels, but a 16" spare. I bought a set of 16" wheels to mount up some new 245/75 tires, then found out I needed different lug nuts. I checked the spare, and yes, it also needs different lug nuts (which I don't have). Doesn't make it much of a spare now does it? I want to see this gigantic 27mm lug wrench, so I go looking. I don't have that either (or any other size). I don't have the owners manual, jack, etc, etc.

I'd like to assemble a kit to carry on my new truck. What sorts of things to you folks like to carry? Any suggested alternatives or supplements to the OEM kit? What socket and wrench sizes are commonly used on Range Rovers, so that I can make sure the tool kit I buy has them (I hate when tool kits skip over sizes, but it seems like many do). Are there any specialty tools or non-standard sizes of tools that I should carry. Any spare parts I should have handy (within reason)?

I'm buying tires that I don't think will fit into the floor well. I know it's most advisable to carry a same-size spare, but would it be reasonable to keep my 255/65 spare and use it for emergency limp-to-safety only in the event that a puncture kit and compressor won't work?

Any other advice for a new LR owner? I am a reasonably competent hobby mechanic. I've been driving and modifying a 1st-Gen Isuzu Trooper over the last ten years, and a few years ago I added a BMW E46.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts