RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HHi, have been looking around allready, and still not found THE way to go....

today i should have had one.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qolInSSpjNY

so IF i get the beast running again.... first thing I will be doing is mounting a snorkel.....

searching the internet, even sending PM to persons showing pics of theirs on forums.... still not have gotten insight in how to connect the snorkel to my airbox/inlet

Thing is that the solutions I have seen, all are on P38 with coils, and removed EAS box....

I ride my rig on air as it was meant to be..... but I want a snorkel, and I don't want a "safari style" with tube on the outside of the wing....

can anybody help me to get/find footage on how to get from a tube along the A-post to the throttlevalve on a rig with EAS?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
http://lucky8llc.com/Search.aspx?CategoryID=1054 don't seem to have any... and those prices..... count shipping to europe to it and i can buy 2 some times 3 of them overhere for that price.

haven't seen many i did like on a P38... the "cut the edge off the bonnet" mantac style i like the most... just need to find a way to get from there to the airbox...

·
Premium Member
2,565 Posts
In that short amount of time water filled the lower airbox and then made it passed your filter...?

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
HHi, have been looking around allready, and still not found THE way to go....

today i should have had one.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qolInSSpjNY

so IF i get the beast running again.... first thing I will be doing is mounting a snorkel.....

searching the internet, even sending PM to persons showing pics of theirs on forums.... still not have gotten insight in how to connect the snorkel to my airbox/inlet

Thing is that the solutions I have seen, all are on P38 with coils, and removed EAS box....

I ride my rig on air as it was meant to be..... but I want a snorkel, and I don't want a "safari style" with tube on the outside of the wing....

can anybody help me to get/find footage on how to get from a tube along the A-post to the throttlevalve on a rig with EAS?
You kinda had that coming, rushing in like that... I do hope you get her running again!
As for the snorkel, there should be pics of mine on here somewhere, possibly posted by Elbekko. I removed the cruisecontrol and EVAP canister and put an airbox from a Range Rover Classic in that location. That made it easy to connect to a snorkeltube on the A-pillar, but does require cutting of a corner of the bonnet. The snorkel I used was from Southdown, designed for a Classic.
Filip

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In that short amount of time water filled the lower airbox and then made it passed your filter...?
yes, appearantly engine is blocked (starter can't get it turned, tried only once) and water in resonancebody of airtube behind MAF sensor.....

if it stops raining will try to have a look with plugs out if I can trun the engine by hand and after that crank it.... if that sounds well, plugs in and see if it will run (after emptying the airtube and filterbox)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
came across a pic of what seems to be space between inner and outerwing filled with tube towards original intake in innerwing ...

looking closer it might be lower in the wheel well

Filip, I was planning to go for the "edge of bonnet cut away" version. as that is the neatest version I've seen, and does not make the body wider than it allready is...

can you post/sent some pics of your setup? cruise I can pull out, but the ECU is in that edge too.... (BOSCH V8) and even with that put in another spot, i wonder how i would get an airfilterbox between EAS/ABS and the firewall

·
Registered
253 Posts
If you read thru his posts and blog post. You will find his -equal to southdown- solution for a snorkel illustrated with pics an all. His plan was to finish this design completely for sale, for us to purchase. I think he is ready by now. He too, cut a piece of the aft corner on the bonnet, then goes thru the L/H fender following the wheel arch and forward to the air intake.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
in the Blog I can only find pic of the tube along the A-post, not from the inside the wing/under bonnet route ?

have registered on his forum to see if there's a topic on this overthere.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've gotten login at the lucky8 forum and found the pics i've been searching for.... the route inside the wing..... that's the way it probably will be done.... only the head of the snorkel I'm gonna do different.. either a flat intake on the roof, or the tube will end parallel with the A-post and gets intake slides all around or something like that.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
95 Posts
If you read thru his posts and blog post. You will find his -equal to southdown- solution for a snorkel illustrated with pics an all. His plan was to finish this design completely for sale, for us to purchase. I think he is ready by now. He too, cut a piece of the aft corner on the bonnet, then goes thru the L/H fender following the wheel arch and forward to the air intake.
I must have this. Gotta love Lucky8.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts