RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to this forum but already a year into having the car. This vehicle is possessed. Sometimes no lights come on then all lights come on like xmas. We have changed the gear switch, the break switch, the battery, and recently the transfer case module only to have the car light up like a rave. Please if anyone can help I would love some feedback!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
69 Posts
Do you mean headlights and taillights, brake lights, dash lights ? With the key on, truck running ? No check engine light ? Any alarm issues ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the dash lights, warning lights, door locks, everything goes off while driving! Hazard lights blink, we pull over turn it off sometimes it wont immediately start back up, and when it does its okay for a bit. It does not happen every time. But this does happen more often than not. We had taken it to an independent and they could not pin point what was wrong either. Car is making a lovely lawn ornament! I am so mad because we're making payments for a car we can't use. Also it will do this while parked, does not need to be moving.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
I think it might be an electrical problem.

·
Administrator
27,818 Posts
You need an old priest and a young priest. `)

Only thing that springs to mind is a bad lighting module but not everything you note runs through it. I;d say corroded or failing ignition switch but that would impact more than just lighting. Have you checked battery connections, cables and grounds? How old is the battery?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts